CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Daily 5 Math




I started doing this and have loved what it's done to my classroom. My students who normally were quite talkative were able to play games quietly! I've been working on making all the elements so during the year it is easier to manage, but here are some photos and ideas to get started. I taught a class on this for the district. Here are the words/titles/check off sheet in black & white. Here's in color. This is the link for the stamina chart. I started the kids working for 3 min. Each time we played games we worked on being on task, playing quietly, staying where we were supposed to be, etc. for a little longer each time. My kiddos were excited to see their progress on this chart. They encouraged each other and reminded kids to use whisper voices. See the ideas link for an I chart on what student behavior looks like/sounds like.

0 comments: